Domain Home Debate Forum Opinion Polls Headlines Todays topics | Sitemap | RSS Feeds  October 21, 2014, 08:03:15
0 Members and 1 Guest viewing. « previous next »

Paedophiles living in the community.

Pages: [1] 2 3 | Go Down | Go to last post Print this Page | Register for your free UK Debate account
Author Topic:

Paedophiles living in the community.

(Read 3295 times)
johnofgwent

Re: Paedophiles living in the community.
« on: February 14, 2007, 18:35:25 »

OK I think I sowed the seeds of this post in another topic  so I'll get a head start here.

The media are all shouting their mouths off about "outing" the presence of convicted child sex offenders in accomodation close to schools.

I wish they would show the same enthusiasm in hounding out and naming and shaming the faceless officlal(s) who signed off the paperwork that allowed a convicted paedophile to be housed in a 'half way house' for newly released convicts just up the road from here and just down the hill from a junior and infant school.  That's one aspect of the whole mess that no inquiry is going to release.

I bet it was the same person who organised the placement of a collection of murderers and sex offenders in an open prison a few miles across the hills from here towards the end of their sentences.

The said collection of convicted criminals took it upon themselves to walk out of the prison at various times and not  bother going back.

It led to what has to be the most bizarre page I've ever seen on the BBC news website - a quote from the Home Office pointing out that they wished to make it clear that the convicted murderer who walked out of the prison in question a few days earlier was not a sex offender. The Home Office of course felt obliged to say this because the two who walked out the friday before ***WERE*** child sex offenders.

Is it right that the heads of the organisations responsible for placing these persons convicted of these crimes in these places and then refusing even to discuss the matter with the nearby residents whose lives they have endangered should continue to collect their fat salaries, bloated pensions and the usual collections of gongs from the palace ?

--
Time to remind people of the http://www.ukdebate.co.uk/forums/forum_rules.php page perhaps ?
ranger121
Bassist

Spawn of the Devil

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 19:26:55 »

A close look at the map of my particular town highlights the difficulties that the authorities would have in housing released offenders.

At no point on the map would you be any sort of distance from a school, especially if you're looking for social housing stock. If you factor in playgrounds, nurseries, youth centres, colleges and places where the youth may congregate, it's impossible to find anywhere to house these people.

So what would you have the authorities do? Where would you have these people put? The law says, they are to serve a sentence of x years, after which they're done.

Then what?

Keep them locked up permanently?

You're is a contraction of you are. It has no other uses. This is a 100% rule. If you cannot expand it to you are in your sentence, then it is wrong.
Read more at Link
johnofgwent

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:24:12 »

So what would you have the authorities do? Where would you have these people put? The law says, they are to serve a sentence of x years, after which they're done.

Then what?

Keep them locked up permanently?

I think you have actually answered your own question there.

Personally I'd lose very little sleep if the politicians woke up and re-legalised the action that almost every bunch of vigilantes would take given the chance, namely give them the ultimate sensation of terminal auto-erotic stimulation dangling at the end of a rope.  However, it is a fact that every time anyone kicks off a "bring back hanging" debate it is kicked into touch. And Tony Blair had the last hanging offences in this country removed from the statute books in 1999.

So as we no longer have the luxury of transporting them as slave labour to our remote colonies (hang on a minute, don't they want iraq rebuilt .....), I suppose having them serve out the rest of their lives at Her Majesty's Pleasure is the only option currently available to us.

If Craig Sweeney had killed the child he was first sent to prison for sexually abusing he PROBABLY wouldn't have been let out to abuse the second ... Oh hang on a minute, whoever put him in 555 Caerleon Road would probably have had him put in Usk Open Prison so he would have been able to walk out and not bother coming back like the other five or so murderers and sex offenders who did just that ....

ranger121
Bassist

Spawn of the Devil

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 07:57:10 »

Unfortunately, it's a matter of degree as well.

As you saying that state sponsored murder should be applied to everyone who a judge says should be entered onto the sex offender's register? Or are you advocating permenant incarceration for these people?

How about if someone sent you a zip full of images of children (they don't have to be sexual, remember) and you opened it. Then you deleted it. Then your PC breaks down and you put it into PC whirled and they discover the deleted images and recover them off your HD. That's it, you're a perv, mate.

According to your scale, you're either locked up for life, or executed at dawn. Won't happen? Ask Paul Gadd.

johnofgwent

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 18:28:16 »

Unfortunately, it's a matter of degree as well.

Yes it is.

For a start, all it takes is one pissed-off ex wife and suddenly you're the focal point of social services and being charged for something you haven't done off the back of her lying say-so. Can't happen ? Ask a mate of mine....

And as there are a number of reasons for ending up on the sex offenders register no I'm not advocating a one noose fits all policy. To do so would be stupid.

HOWEVER, I for one consider the former temporary resident of 555 Caerleon Road to be at, and indeed well beyond the noose end of that scale.   

Admiral Arnold Morgan
i say what i see ! argue with that !,
King

Just Another Opinion !

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 22:55:23 »

paedophiles ,, well i have not met one i liked !, but then i would not know WOULD I !! , they come in all shapes and sizes , nspcc recons about 1 in 4 kids are abused, that is 1 in 4 to many,

once we know who they are then lock them away !!,if its a few pics on the p c then ok, perhaps they did not know ?, prove it one way or the other, lie detector test perhaps ,

but lets make it clear that if proved to be a child molester !, you go away and you never come back,ever !, there is no treatment for these people, they are a risk to far for our children, how many times do we have to suffer it?. let out of jail or institutions only to reofend within weeks ,

time and time again we hear this, only we do not feel the pain or see the long term damage done to this children,

once we know who they are put them beyond reach of our children forever,  NO MORE  EXCUSES.

a.a.m

People who never answer the question must be wrong or lying to themselves .
ranger121
Bassist

Spawn of the Devil

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 23:05:27 »

What is the description of a sex offender?

Is it, someone who has sex with under age girls?

Children's charity Kidscape say "The definition of a paedophile is a person who is sexually attracted to children. In this country we class this as children who are under 16.

Let's say a 17-year-old boy goes to a party and meets an attractive 14-year-old girl. Drink is flowing, fun's being had, she's obviously up for it, so they go upstairs and have sex. Should he have done it? No. Is it illegal? Yes. Does it make him a paedophile? No, it doesn't. It makes him a randy little scrote, like most 17-year-olds.

Could he be prosecuted? Yes, he could. UK law says that the age of consent is 16 and anyone who has sex with a younger child has committed an offence.

Should we lock the 17-year-old up permanently?

Admiral Arnold Morgan
King

Just Another Opinion !

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 23:22:53 »

thats defined by common sence i would like to think,,, and that makes perfect sence to me,, given the scenario,,,

but hey, if its your step dad and your 8 years old then the law needs to act ,and it has not been robust to date, the 14/17 age group is getting it on , yes thats human nature and while even as a parent i know i would not like it for mine its something i have to get used to, one way or the other.

but clearly defined and proven cases of child abuse are not dealt with in a way that is robust !!, once you got em , dont let em go. like we have seen time and time again, there is no cure .

a.a.m

ranger121
Bassist

Spawn of the Devil

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 23:43:52 »

If, for instance that 14 year old clearly looked much older and consented without telling the 17 year old her actual age or even deceiving him then this person should not be prosecuted.

Replace the 17-year-old with a man aged 50.

Admiral Arnold Morgan
King

Just Another Opinion !

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 23:57:20 »

my daughter is 13 ,, she could pass for 18,, but the school uniform is a give away, she still gets taunts from thugs as she goes to school, thats just sick , but they may not be paedophiles, just savage bastads,

your paedophile who is predatory as we know them to be should be locked away, no excuses, but to many of them are in house, family members and in to many cases they get away with it, time after time.

once the case is proved lockem up, never to see daylight again,

as in the case of a guy in his thirties molesting an 8 year old, no argument / no cure !.

a.a.m

Pages: [1] 2 3 | Go Up | Go to last post Print this Page | Register for your free UK Debate account 
« previous next »
Jump to:  
Available mods Forum Moderators - Red names are online now and available: Ranger121  Admin  MarkMuses  Ships-cat  

Login with username, password and session length