Domain Home Debate Forum Opinion Polls Headlines Todays topics | Sitemap | RSS Feeds  October 23, 2014, 02:37:40
0 Members and 1 Guest viewing. « previous next »

Five prison officers suspended

(Page 2)
Pages: 1 [2] | Go Down | Go to last post Print this Page | Register for your free UK Debate account
Author Topic:

(Read 585 times)
gansao
King

Free Speaker

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 20:31:50 »

Even if they did, I personnally wouldn't care at all about his "Human Rights". The guy lost his rights the moment he acted the way he did. Animals usually kill to feed. He's below that.
Fair enough but its not the job of a prison officer to dispense justice. However if he became violent with the prison officers then I would not worry if they used violence to subdue him. As said it is virtually impossible to hold down or get an lock on a strong person. It takes many officers or it takes a blow to shock and disorientate just before the technique is applied.

stonefish
King

Free Speaker

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 21:08:17 »

Do you not think that he has the same rights as everyone else in his position, such as the right to humane treatment?

Alright, he wasn't humane to his victim, but there again no other murderer is, but THEY expect and are afforded humane reatment by those charged with keeping them locked up - why should this one be any different than (for example) Ian Brady?

I think if he has been treated roughly tough shite and the same goes for Brady,and no officer should be punished simply because he lost a couple of teeth.

Alberich
Queen

Free Speaker

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 21:10:05 »

I think you miss the point.  He wasn't assaulted.  He kicked off. He was then restrained.  And as he is built like a brick shithouse, force was inevitably necessary to subdue the tw*t!

If it was so...it might be.  And if it were so, it would be.   But as it isn't, it ain't!!
(Alice through the looking glass)
Hermy

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 16:37:08 »

Animals usually kill to feed. He's below that.

Quite, an animal is not guilty of murder because it does not know what murder is.

(Although Dolphins and Primates and possibly Dogs might) You Devil

Hermy

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 16:38:44 »

I think you miss the point.  He wasn't assaulted.  He kicked off. He was then restrained.  And as he is built like a brick shithouse, force was inevitably necessary to subdue the tw*t!

Yup. No brutality is too much if is necessary.

Blackbro
King

Free Speaker

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 19:39:12 »

I think they should throw a party for the five, when they're exonerated!!

Set the people free!! Let them decide!!

Whenever you see communist symbolism, or hear or read Soviet-style rhetoric, recall that millions died in the Soviet gulags, and still do in those of China, N. Korea, and possibly others, plus the millions of others who perished or suffered, in one other way or another under its inhumanity!!

Was it year before, or more, when freedom of speech passed by this door, he didn't stop....

A man without honour, is a *****y thing indeed!!
He who shouts Troll too readily, is an idiot, one man's troll is another man's oracle!!
Rich
REALIST
King

I know what I know.

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 21:43:02 »

I think they should throw a party for the five, when they're exonerated!!

I wonder if Adebolaja will have his teeth replaced on the NHS?

When I was a young lad, I said to my mum, can I have a shilling please?
She replied, "why should I give you a shilling?"
I said because I am good mum, she then retorted, why can't you be like your Dad and be good for nothing.
agentorange
Queen

Free Speaker

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 22:15:08 »

Gold ones if the EU has anything to do with it

Blackbro
King

Free Speaker

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 11:21:37 »

I wonder if Adebolaja will have his teeth replaced on the NHS?

Gold ones if the EU has anything to do with it

No doubt, as almost certainly, he's British, but does he even deserve the right to that status?

Jessamy Bride
Rook

Free Speaker

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 11:53:53 »

Poor little murdering pig.

Lefty
Bishop

Free Speaker

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 13:33:17 »

In this particular case I have no problem if the officers play rough with this prisoner

Everyone has the right to humane treatment regardless of their crime in my view.

"Stop reading the Guardian. The Guardian is a spreader of misinformation and lies."
Paul Burstow MP, Health Minister Wink
Hermy

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 15:27:55 »

Everyone has the right to humane treatment regardless of their crime in my view.

Yeah....but not too humane....we are supposed to be punishing transgressors. This is part of justice.

Rich
REALIST
King

I know what I know.

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 21:39:37 »

Yeah....but not too humane....we are supposed to be punishing transgressors. This is part of justice.

Now you have got me wondering and I must ponder.....is there a difference between justice and revenge?

Hermy

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 21:50:39 »

Now you have got me wondering and I must ponder.....is there a difference between justice and revenge?

A fine arbitrary line that shifts in tune with the general public consensus.

Rich
REALIST
King

I know what I know.

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 22:03:20 »

A fine arbitrary line that shifts in tune with the general public consensus.

I think that that is well illustrated in the differences between east and west.

Pages: 1 [2] | Go Up | Go to last post Print this Page | Register for your free UK Debate account 
« previous next »
Jump to:  
Available mods Forum Moderators - Red names are online now and available: Admin  Ships-cat  Ranger121  MarkMuses  

Login with username, password and session length